egg masala recipe with simple gravy and is different from other egg masala curry posted earlier. This recipe needs no onions, so no chopping and can be made in a jiffy, if you have boiled eggs.
With around 10 people for a meal at home (guests from India), it has been hard for me to cook with no helping hand. So I made this egg masala with a vegetable pulao and a onion raita. If you have some guests at home and want to make something quick and easy try this combo veg pulao and easy egg masala with onion raita.
Though the amount of gravy is not much, you can get more of the gravy using more yogurt. This recipe needs yogurt, but you cannot smell the yogurt but tastes good.
You can tweak the recipe to your taste by adding onions, tomatoes etc.
more egg recipes on the blog
tomato egg curry
find egg masala recipe below
egg masala recipe - easy egg masala (no onions)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (pierce with a fork randomly)
- ¾ cup of room temperature yogurt (curd) (use more if you need more gravy, do not use sour one)
- ¾ tsp. Red chili powder (adjust to your tolerance levels)
- ¾ tsp. garam masala and spice powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves or mint leaves
- 1 green chilies slit (optional)
- ¼ tsp mustard (optional)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- few pepper corns coarsely crushed or pepper powder
- generous pinch of turmeric
- ½ tsp kasuri methi (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp. oil
- ¾ tsp ginger garlic paste or coarsely crushed
- Heat a heavy bottom pan with 1 tbsp oil, fry the eggs till golden, set these aside.
- In the same pan, add the rest of the oil, add mustard, cumin, curry leaves & green chili.
- When they begin to splutter, add pepper corn, ginger garlic paste and sauté till you get an aroma. Takes around a min.
- Pour the yogurt, add turmeric, red chili powder & garam masala. On a low flame, cook till the yogurt thickens and begins to leave the sides. Takes around 3 to 4 mins. Keep stirring, else the yogurt will be burnt.
- Add kasuri methi, eggs and boil for another 1 to 2 mins. Off the heat.
- Serve egg masala with jeera rice, roti, paratha or rice.