Egg paratha recipe – easy breakfast, brunch or dinner recipe that is protein rich, healthy and tasty. Egg paratha is a kids’ favorite, so i make it often for their after school snack. To make egg paratha, you can use ready paratha, roti or frozen paratha as well. However I have included the recipe to make basic paratha as well in this post. You can also check this detailed post on making plain paratha.
This egg paratha can be served plain or with some pudina chutney or with green chutneychutney or masala tea.
Easy egg paratha recipe below
Egg paratha recipe | Anda paratha recipe | How to make egg paratha
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour / atta
- warm water as needed
- oil as needed
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 green chili chopped (skip for kids)
- large pinch of pepper powder
- turmeric as needed
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves few finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp. finely chopped capsicum or grated carrot
How to make the recipe
Knead wheat flour with just enough warm water. Add few drops of oil and knead again to make soft pliable dough. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
Sprinkle flour on the rolling area and roll the paratha as shown in the pictures above.
Heat a tawa or griddle until hot. Place the paratha and cook till golden spots appear on both the sides.
Prepare eggs. Chop veggies finely. Break egg to a bowl, add veggies, salt, pepper powder and turmeric. Beat everything well until frothy.
Heat the same pan with little oil, pour the egg and allow to cook on a medium flame.
When the egg is almost cooked and little gooey on top, then place the paratha and press it gently.
Flip and cook on the other side as well and cook till the egg is done on the edges as well.
Serve egg paratha with chutney or vegetable salad.
How to make egg paratha recipe – step by step photos
1. Add 1/2 cup wheat flour to a bowl.
2. Knead it with enough warm water. Add few drops of oil. Knead it again to a soft dough.
3. Smear a few drops of oil to the dough. Cover and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
4. Flour the rolling area, make 2 equal sized balls of dough. Flatten a ball. Sprinkle flour.
5. Roll it to a round even layer. If you do not want to make layered paratha, just skip the next 3 steps. To make layered paratha, apply some oil over the paratha.
6. Fold it. Smear oil again.
7. Fold it again.
8. Roll it to a triangle.
9. Heat a pan. Place the paratha on it. When you see bubbles over the paratha, flip it.
10. With in few seconds the paratha begins to puff up.
11. Toast on both the sides till brown spots appear. I did not use oil or ghee at this stage since it gets coated with oil at the last step.
12. Transfer the paratha to a plate. Set the pan aside to cool down a bit, a very hot tawa can burn the egg without cooking properly. Prepare the egg mixture. Chop onions, chilies, coriander leaves and add to a bowl. I use capsicum as well. you can also use grated carrots. Break the egg, add salt, pepper and turmeric.
13. Beat the egg mixture until frothy.
14. Add oil to the pan, when it is just hot, pour the egg mixture. Allow it to cook. I cook it on a medium flame till the egg is almost cooked but slightly gooey on top, for the paratha to stick well with the egg. You can use 1 egg for each paratha or 1 egg for 2 parathas.
15. Place the paratha over the egg. Press it gently.
16. Flip it and cook on the other side as well for 1 to 2 minutes to ensure egg is cooked completely on the edges. egg paratha gets coated well with oil now.
Egg paratha doesn’t need any accompaniment. But can be served with any chutney and a vegetable salad.