ragi biscuits or ragi cookies recipe – eggless biscuits recipe with step by step photos
These are one of the most cherished cookies in my home. They can be prepared with ragi and whole wheat flour in equal quantities. I also sometimes use equal amounts of ragi and unbleached plain flour since my kids don’t like the cookies made using only ragi flour. May be because ragi has a muddy and husky taste. I have tried different versions of making ragi cookies (using only ragi flour, ragi flour + cocoa, ragi flour +palm sugar +cocoa etc). But this recipe seems to be the best in terms of taste and crispiness. Using plain flour masks the husky and muddy taste and appearance of ragi flour. They taste just wonderful and are crispy as well. If you are healthy conscious and trying to limit maida then use whole wheat flour.
The ragi cookies recipe shared here is an eggless ragi biscuits, in case you don’t mind using egg, check crunchy ragi cookies, the most delicious cookies.
how to make ragi biscuits or ragi cookies with step by step pictures
1. sieve and mix all the dry ingredients. Pour the butter or ghee and mix.
2. knead it to a good tight dough.
3. preheat the oven to 170 C for about 15 minutes. Take small portions of the dough and roll to balls and flatten them. mark them with fork to prevent puffing up.
cool ragi biscuits on a wire rack and store in an airtight jar.
find eggless ragi biscuits or ragi cookies recipe below
- 1¼ cups ragi flour
- 1¼ cups wheat flour or maida
- 1 cup sugar or brown sugar (packed) (powdered)
- ¾ cup unsalted melted butter
- ¼ cup melted ghee (can replace with butter)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda together. Throw away the coarse husk of ragi after you sieve.
- Mix the essence, ghee and melted butter.
- Mix flour with sugar and pour the butter mix and knead well uniformly for 2 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and grease a tray and set aside.
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten them.
- Use a fork to just pierce the cookies to prevent puffing.
- Bake them for 15 to 20 mins.
- Cool ragi cookies on a wire rack and store in an air tight container.
for more cookies recipes , check
wheat paneer cookies