Pav bhaji masala powder recipe. A spice powder that is used to make pav bhaji, one of the popular street foods of India. Learn how to make pav bhaji masala powder at home. Bombay is well known for its street foods like pav bhaji, pani puri, misal pav and many more chats. These foods are a good life savers for many in terms of affordability and availability in this city. For many others these are the most toothsome foods on this earth. I suppose there can be none who don‘t like the Indian street food, especially mumbai pav bhaji is something which draws everyone’s attention with an enticing aroma around.
You can also find pav bhaji recipe which I make often at home.
Here I am sharing how to make the pav bhaji masala powder. There are many masala powders available in the market which can be used instantly, each one differs in the flavor and taste. But the basic ingredients almost remain the same, and only the quantity of ingredients differ slightly.
For hygienic reasons, I make all my spice powders like punjabi garam masala powder, bisi bele bath powder, simple garam masala powder, vangi bath powder,biryani masala, chaat masala powder, korma masala at home.
To make pav bhaji masala, we need the following ingredients.The color of your masala powder could be different from mine since it depends on the kind of red chilies and roasting the spices.
Find complete pav bhaji masala powder recipe below
- 2 small black cardamoms
- 4 tbsp coriander seeds (Dhaniya)
- 2 tbsp Cumin (jeera)
- 2 tsp black peper corn
- ¾ tbsp. fennel seeds (saunf)
- 5 red dry chilies
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 1 tbsp amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- Clean the spices and discard stones.
- Dry roast all the ingredients one after the other except amchur powder.
- Add amchur powder to the hot ingredients to release amchur’s aroma. Once cool, make a fine powder.
- if needed seive it.
- Store pav bhaji masala in an air tight glass jar. Keeps good for 6 months in the fridge.
How to make pav bhaji masala powder
1. Clean all the ingredients to pick and discard stones and debris.
2. Dry roast all the ingredients, one after the other on a medium heat on a pan till they turn fragrant
3. Add dry mango powder / amchur powder to the hot pan to get a good aroma
4. Cool the ingredients completely.
5. Powder in a blender. If needed seive it.
6. Store in an airtight glass jar.