How to make chocolate ice cream without ice cream maker – Creamy, delicious and easy to make chocolate ice cream recipe using condensed milk & cocoa powder. I rarely make ice cream using condensed milk as I end up making most times using the kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment. Most ice cream recipes work great in it without even the use of condensed milk. But while making ice cream without a machine, condensed milk lends a good texture.
This chocolate ice cream recipe uses just 4 ingredients cream, condensed milk, vanilla and cocoa powder. If you are looking for a chocolate ice cream without condensed milk then you can check out this recipe of chocolate ice cream without ice cream machine which I shared an year ago.
For this recipe I have used my electric beater to whip the cream, however you can also use a blender/mixer or food processor with whipping attachment. Just take care not to over whip the cream.
Video of chocolate ice cream
How to make chocolate ice cream
- 1 Sweetened condensed milk tin (392 grams or 400 ml)
- 2 cups chilled cream (250 ml) (Amul fresh cream or whipping cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- half cup cocoa powder (good quality)
- Chill the cream, beater and a deep mixing bowl.
- Add condensed milk, vanilla and cocoa to another mixing bowl. Whisk well and make a smooth lump free chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chilled cream to the chilled bowl and begin to whip it - initially on a low speed to avoid splashes. Later on a medium speed.
- Whip until peaks appear. If the cream used has 35% fat or above that, then you will get stiff peaks, else soft peaks.
- Gently fold in the chocolate condensed milk until no streaks appear.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container and freeze until set.
- Scoop chocolate ice cream and serve.