Oatmeal pancakes recipe – gluten free pancakes recipe made with 100% oats flour. These make a wonderful breakfast, finger food for toddlers or a quick after school snack for kids. They are very delicious, healthy, non sticky and fluffy. These can be served with any topping of your choice. We usually serve with homemade chocolate syrup made using palm sugar. Sharing that recipe as well in this post.
For more oatmeal recipes, visit
Step by step photos on oatmeal pancakes recipe
1. Add little over 1 ½ cup oats to a blender. You can use any kind of oats. I used organic instant oats.
2. Powder them as finely as possible.
3. Measure 1 ½ cups oats flour, cinnamon (optional),baking powder and salt.
4. Mix everything well.
5. Add eggs, softened butter, milk and sugar to a bowl. Any milk can be used.
6. Whisk everything well.
7. Add the flour to this.
8. Mix just until well combined. The batter is of a thick pouring consistency.
9. Grease a pan and heat it. Pour a ladle full of batter. Do not spread it much.
10. Drizzle little oil or butter. Allow to cook on a medium heat until the base is firm and done.
11. Flip it and cook on the other side.
Serve with chocolate syrup or maple syrup.
oatmeal pancakes recipe below
- 1½ cups oats flour
- ¼ tsp or as needed salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon(ceylon cinnamon) (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (any milk)
- 1½ tbsp soft butter or oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Chocolate syrup or maple syrup
- Powder or process oats to a fine flour. Measure 1½ cups of this to a bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and cinnamon as well. Mix together.
- Whisk together, eggs, milk,soft butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and combine until mixed. Do not over do.
- Set this aside for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Grease a pan and heat it.
- When it hot enough pour a ladle of this batter and gently spread it a bit only.
- Cook until it is done, flip and cook on the other side as well until done.
- Serve hot with chocolate syrup or maple syrup.
homemade chocolate syrup recipe
¾ cup palm sugar or any sugar or dark jaggery
¼ cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup water
Mix all the ingredients. If using jaggery, you may need to filter it. Boil for 8 to 9 minutes or until it thickens.
Cool and store it in a glass bottle. Use it as a topping on pancakes, poke cakes, ice creams or to make chocolate milk.