paneer soya bhurji recipe – an easy healthy protein filled side dish to serve with rice or roti.
Paneer in any form is just gobbled up in no time in my family. I feel so glad when both my kids finish their meal without any fuss. I keep experimenting with paneer in different ways to keep their platter interesting with new dishes so that they don’t feel bored. One such experiment was this paneer soya bhurji recipe, a simple to make protein rich side dish, slightly different from the regular paneer bhurji. I make this at least once in a fortnight, since it can be prepared quickly. This can be used as sandwich filling too. I usually prepare this more in quantity and refrigerate once cool. The next morning sandwiches land up on the table quickly. This can also be used to make kati rolls.
I have not used tomatoes. To keep the soya paneer bhurji moist and give a hint of tang, tomatoes can be used. Saute the chopped tomatoes after sauteing ginger garlic paste.
Related recipe : paneer bhurji
find complete recipe of paneer soya bhurji below
- 1 cup of soya granules or chunks
- ½ cup of crumbled paneer
- ½ cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 green chili slit
- 1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp each of mustard and cumin
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional, gives a good aroma else paneer tastes bland)
- Lemon juice or amchur powder as needed (optional)
- 1 tbsp. oil (adjust)
- Salt to taste
- Bring 2 to 3 cups water to a boil, switch off the stove and add soya granules or chunks. When they soften, squeeze off the excess water and rinse again in fresh water. Squeeze once more. Soya must be moist but not water dripping from it and it should not be dry either. If using soya chunks, pulse them.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add curry leaves, mustard and cumin. Let them crackle.
- Add onions & chili, fry till they turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the soya granules, salt & turmeric, fry for 2 mins. Cover and cook till the soya granules are cooked fully. If needed just sprinkle little water.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, crumbled paneer, lemon juice if using. Mix well and fry for 2 to 3 mins on a medium flame. Do not overcook as the soya granules tend to become dry and paneer becomes hard.
- Serve paneer soya bhurji rice or roti and carrot and onion slices.
more soya chunks recipe,
meal maker fry
soya chunks fried rice
soya chunks kurma