Spaghetti recipe video – Spaghetti Aglio Olio recipe – One of most simplest Italian pasta recipe that is vegetarian and kids’ friendly. Spaghetti aglio olio is a traditional basic Italian food made just with olive oil and garlic. However there are a few variations suggesting red chili flakes, crushed pepper, chopped parsley and cheese.
Spaghetti Aglio olio can be made just under 15 minutes and goes great with any bread toast or soups or even with a fried egg.
For more Pasta recipes, You can check
Pasta in white sauce
Red sauce pasta
Pasta recipe with mushrooms
Video of Spaghetti recipe
Spaghetti Aglio Olio recipe
- 230 to 250 grams spaghetti
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (can add more if desired)
- 2 tbsps of good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp more olive oil for cooking pasta
- Handful of chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps Parmesan cheese
- Bring ample amount of water to a rapid boil in a large pot.
- Add spaghetti and cook following the instructions on the pack. I cooked for 7 minutes.
- Drain and reserve 6 tbsps pasta cooked water.
- In a large pan, add oil and heat it.
- Saute garlic on a low to medium heat until it begins to shrink. Take care not to burn otherwise it will lend a bitter taste to the spaghetti.
- Add red chilli flakes and saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour the reserved water and salt to the pan. Be careful while you do this, as the hot water may splash.
- Check if there is enough salt.
- Mix and cook until the sauce reduces to 2 tbsps.
- Add the cooked pasta. Switch off the stove. Mix everything well and set aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and cheese if desired.