Tawa pizza recipe without yeast video – Making a pizza without oven, on a tawa or pan is quick and simple. Though it can be made with yeast dough, tawa pizza turns out best when made with dough that has no yeast in it. The flavor of yeast dough baked in a oven is good rather than the one cooked on stove top preparations.
This no yeast tawa pizza recipe may be useful to those who do not have a oven or do not prefer to eat foods made with yeast either because they are sensitive to yeast or allergic or want to just avoid yeast to prevent health conditions.
I get lot of requests from readers to share healthy recipes that I try for my kids. Though sharing every recipe I make for them is not possible, thought of sharing a few that I am sure will be loved by your kids’ too. This tawa pizza recipe is healthy if made using whole grain flour (atta) and cheese without any additives.
I had made this tawa pizza from Nisahomey’s blog a few times when she suggested me last year to try for my kids.
For this recipe I have made the pizza dough using yogurt and soda. No yeast pizza dough can also be made using egg and no yogurt or soda is used in such recipe. I will share it sometime soon. This recipe yields a pizza with good crust and soft inside without being hard.
Using this recipe you will be able to make 3 thin crust personal pan pizzas of 6 inches. You can also make one thick pizza of 9 inches or 2 – 9 inch thin crust pizzas. You can also make chicken pizza or egg on pizza recipes using this dough.
In this post, I am sharing
1. How to make no yeast pizza dough
2. Making tomato pizza sauce
3. How to make pizza on tawa
If you have a pizza sauce handy then just skip making that here. But be sure to use a good sauce since it is the main contributor to the taste of pizza. You can watch the video for clear instructions.
Video of tawa pizza without yeast
Tawa pizza recipe without yeast
Tawa pizza recipe without yeast | How to make pizza on tawa
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour (or atta or ¾ cup whole wheat flour + ½ cup maida or plain flour)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ to 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 + 2 tbsp water
- 1 ½ to 2 tbsp curd / yogurt
- ½ cup cubed capsicum about ¾ inch
- ¼ cup cubed onions
- 2 tbsp sliced olives (optional)
- Mixed herbs (optional)
- ¼ tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
- ½ cup mozarella cheese
For pizza sauce
- 300 grams tomatoes, 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- ½ small onion about 3 tbps
- 1 ½ tbsps. Chopped garlic about 2 in no
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ to ¾ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp crushed pepper
- Salt as needed
- ½ to ¾ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp mixed herbs or oregano
How to make the recipe
Making pizza dough without yeast
Add flour, salt, sugar and soda to a mixing bowl. Mix everything well.
Add water, oil and curd.
Mix and make a soft dough. Knead for about 5 to 6 minutes until the dough turns very soft but not sticky.
Cover and set this aside for about an hour.
Making pizza sauce
Meanwhile make the pizza sauce. Heat oil and saute garlic until aromatic. Add tomatoes
How to make pizza on tawa
Divide the dough to 2 to 3 parts. You will get about 3 - 6 inches thin crust pizzas or 2 medium thick pizzas.
Dust the rolling board lightly and roll the dough to any of the above mentioned sizes. Roll it slightly thicker than a chapati.
Heat the tawa. When it turns hot, transfer it to the tawa. Cook on a low heat pressing well with a spatula to cook well and puff.
When you see it has cooked well, flip it and continue to keep the flame low.
Add few drops of oil and spread well.
Add the sauce and the veggies and spread it.
Add cheese and herbs.
Cover and cook until the cheese begins to melt.
Cut tawa pizza and serve hot.
How to make pizza on tawa without yeast
1. Add wheat flour (atta), salt, soda and sugar to a mixing bowl.
2. Mix all or sieve all these well.
3. Add curd.
4. Add water and then olive oil.
5. Mix and make a soft non sticky dough. Knead it well for about 5 to 6 minutes until the dough turns very soft. Add few drops of oil and smear well. Cover with a moist cloth and set aside for 1 hour.
6. Meanwhile make pizza sauce. You can skip making this and use ready pizza sauce. Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic. Add chilli flakes. If you do not have the flakes, pulse a few red chilies in the blender.
7. Add onions.
8. Saute until they turn golden.
9. Add tomatoes, salt and sugar. You can also use tomato puree.
10. Cook covered until mushy.
11. Mash the sauce to make it uniform if using tomatoes. Add italian herbs or oregano and crushed pepper.
12. When the sauce turns thick add veggies and saute on a high flame just for 1 to 2 mins. Make sure the sauce doesn’t dry up. If you skip this step, you will have raw veggies on your pizza. This also gives nice aroma to the sauce and toppings. Set this aside to cool.
13. Divide the dough to 2 to 3 parts. Lightly flour the rolling area and flatten a ball. Roll to a chapati that is slightly thicker.
14. Heat the tawa. When it turns very hot, transfer the roti. Keep the flame on medium heat. Press down with a spatula and cook until the base puffs up lightly and cooks completely with brown spots.
15. You can see the roti has puffed and cooked completely.
16. Flip it and smear some oil.
17. Add sauce as desired and spread it.
18. Add cheese, olives, herbs and red chili flakes.
19. Cover and cook until the cheese melts.
20. Cheese begins to melt. Transfer to a serving plate.
Cut tawa pizza and serve.