Indian tomato soup recipe
Tomato soup shared here does not use any flour to thicken the soup and no oil has been used as well, is healthy and makes a perfect soup during the winters to keep the body warm.
to make the tomato soup thick, I have used carrots which add nutrition, color and taste as well. I have also used tulsi leaves /basil considering the healthy benefits. It has many health benefits and is considered as a medicinal herb that keeps many infections at bay.
This soup tastes great on its own and can be accompanied with any hot noodles or bread. Very good to have when somebody is having a cold. I have used Cinnamon, Tulsi and Pepper, they work well for cold. I also make an instant almond cream to make it more nutritious and is optional.
Indian tomato soup recipe below
- 2 Medium sized ripe Tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 to 2 inch cinnamon stick (adjust to suit your taste)
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ cups water
- 10 to 12 Holy Basil / Tulsi
- 10 Soaked Almonds
- Few tbsp. Water
- Cook the tomatoes, carrot and cinnamon with little water & salt for 1 whistle. (Can cook in a pan as well)
- Cool the veggies, blend them and filter to remove the skin and seeds of tomatoes.you can discard half of the cinnamon stick, if you feel the flavor strong
- Add basil and pepper to the puree and bring this to a boil and off the flame. Set aside
- Blend the almonds and basil with little water to get a thick cream.
- Pour the almond creamer into the bowl of soup
- Ready to serve with or without Almond Cream
- Try this with a bowl of noodles, you will absolutely love it.
more healthy soup recipes, check
vegetable barley soup
chicken vegetable soup