Egg omelette recipe – Simple egg omelet recipe with vegetables. – Vegetable omelette takes its first place among healthy and quick breakfast in our kitchen. It makes a protein rich breakfast. To make a basic omelette, onions, green chilies, salt and coriander leaves are used. Spice powders like garam masala, red chili powder can also be used to suit ones liking. Various veggies like carrots, capsicum, cabbage, tomato can also be used. Capsicum adds a unique flavor to the egg omelet. If you haven’t tried it, do try.
This Indian style egg omelet recipe doesn’t need milk or cheese, made in a desi style and can be served in so many ways. As a side to plain rice or as a side in a meal, with plain or toasted bread, with roti or tortillas.
I have made this simple egg omelet with onions, chilies and an extra ingredient capsicum. For more sandwich and omelet recipes, you can check
Egg bread toast
Vegetable egg omelette recipe below
- 2 eggs or 2 egg whites and a yolk (chose to suit your diet requirements)
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped capsicums (using more or larger cubes will leave them uncooked)
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped firm deseeded tomato (optional)
- Salt as needed
- Green chilies as needed
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp. Oil (refer notes)
- Coriander leaves finely chopped few
- Wash and chop onions, tomatoes, chilies, coriander leaves and capsicum finely.
- Mix together with salt and turmeric.
- Break the eggs to the bowl and check for shells.
- Beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it on a medium flame. Do not let the pan turn very hot, it will brown the omelette without cooking well.
- Pour the egg mixture, allow to cook until set on a medium flame.
- When the base firms up, flip it to the other side and cook till done. Sprinkle crushed pepper or chilli powder if you like.
Many folks add tomatoes too, but that yields a moist omelette, so i have not used
How to make vegetable egg omelette recipe
1. Wash the veggies. You can use only onion / shallot or other veggies like firm ripe tomatoes (deseeded), capsicum and grated carrots. Chop onions, capsicum, green chili and tomato finely and add to a bowl. Add salt and turmeric. Mix well.
2. Add the eggs.
3. Beat until frothy.
4. Add oil to a pan and heat it. Do not let the pan turn extra hot.
5. When it is just hot enough, pour the eggs mixture.
6. Wait until the base firms up, flip it to the other side. Cook until the egg and veggies are cooked.
7. I prefer to flip the omelette again and cook to make sure it is cooked thru fully. Switch off the stove. To finish off, sprinkle a dash of pepper powder or red chilli powder if you desire.
Serve it as it is or with rice, roti or bread.